Credit & Budget Counseling
Free financial counseling is available by phone, 6 days a week for members with budgeting and credit questions or problems through a special program called Balance. Call 1-888-456-2227 for help. Counseling is available in Spanish and six other languages. Click here for more details.
Good rates on car, renter’s, and life insurance are available through the credit union. Call 1-888-380-9287 for more information. You may ask for someone who speaks Spanish or any other language.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Save for retirement and get a tax break with this government sponsored account.
Withdrawals from IRAs before age 59 1/2 may be subject to a 10% federal additional tax and possible state tax.
You may contribute simultaneously to a Traditional IRA and a Roth IRA (subject to eligibility) as long as the total contributed to all IRAs (Traditional and Roth) equals no more than $5,000 for tax year 2012 and $5,500 for tax year 2013 ($6,000 for tax year 2012 and $6,500 for tax year 2013 if you are age 50 or older).
1. Bethex FCU charges no annual IRA custodial fee; however, fees and expenses are subject to change.
2. This is a rate that applies to IRAs with a 12-month term. This rate applies only to the initial IRA term. IRAs automatically renews to the same IRA, or, if we no longer offer the same term, to a standard 12-month IRA. We may change the rate at any time without prior notice. There is a penalty for early withdrawals. Additional restrictions may apply.
3. After your IRA is opened, the interest rate is fixed for the term.
4. These rates may change at any time after the account is opened without prior notice.
5. We may change the promotional rate at any time without prior notice. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
- 12-months term.
- $1,000 minimum opening balance.
- Available in Roth and Traditional IRAs.
- Automatically renews.
- Additional deposits accepted at maturity.
- Account access through Online Teller.
The Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Rates mentioned above are subject to change without prior notice. These rates are in effect as of Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013.